June 12, 2009

GETAWAY: Puncak Borneo Resort

By Telca James
Photos by Tdora Photography

I was away from town for a weekend getaway on June 6, I'm off from the clubbing scene and events for a while...I just wanna chill in peace. Since it was school holiday, most of the hotels in Kundasang are fully book so I end up staying in Puncak Borneo Resort which located to the road heading to Bundu Tuhan. I like the place a lot because of the magnificent view of the Mount Kinabalu but I was a bit disappointed with the staff for not informing earlier that they are having problem with the gen set which affecting the water heater. Imagine I have to take bath with icy cold water...brr that was really bad experience but surprisingly I'm not that upset though, weird. Those who very particular with water heater and wanted to stay there...please do check with them before commit with your room booking. I would say, Puncak Borneo Resort perfect for group outing i.e. family gathering or even with friends. They provide family room, single or double room, BBQ pit and a cafe overlooking the Mount Kinabalu. Please bear in mind that they have limited rooms if I'm not mistaken about 10 rooms only. So it's advisable to book in advance specially during peak period. For more info, please contact Puncak Borneo Resort at 088-889699.


Puncak Borneo Resort
Upgrading of road in Kundasang town